Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Let me address the situation...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Let me address the situation...

    ...re: Jason's latest posts. He's making his own choice to leave the board, no big deal. I realize his gripes and understand why he's annoyed. We all liked the format we had going before the change to the new Hostboard software, but the change was inevitable given all the server problems we were having. Steven and Adam are both working pretty hard on giving us access to the old boards as well as updating the software to allow the Rock and the mods to work with them as we need to.

    If you want to discuss things, click on the thread, and discuss it. If you don't want to discuss certain subjects, don't click on the thread. Unless it's vulgar or out of line, myself nor any other admin/mod is going to tell a poster they can't post on politics/religion since there's not a board for those types of things currently. You don't know how much I wish I could move all of the political threads to the Politics board and be done with it. That'd make life easier for all of us.

    For now, it's a waiting game. Steven and Adam have to do their work and make the software run correctly. As I said in the other thread yesterday, we're looking at next week (hopefully) to have everything back.

    I'll invite Steven to come on this thread and give his $.02, but that's where we stand right now. Not much else we can do as far as content goes.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  2. #2
    Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    997,453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Let me address the situation...

    Brad, as always thank you for keeping me apprised of everything that has been going on within the community here. I am not going to sugar coat anything nor make excuses in not being able to bring forum access control to the suite of options in an acceptable time frame or make some long winded story.

    The bottom line is that we have been working on this for numerous weeks and are finally confident that we should be rolling this ability out some time next week.

    I appreciate everyone's patience and can assure you we are on top of this and are standing behind our commitment in bringing this and a lot of new features to the site.
    Please do not PM or e-mail me for support.
    The fastest way to get support is through our Help Desk

  3. #3
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Let me address the situation...

    certain posters can't make their point and leave a subject be. the boards are just a mess right now. with no control the place has really become something of a mess. good posters are fed up with the immature slide the board has taken. This in not pointing fingers at any of the mods or Steven but just pointing out how a lot of the regular posters feel. There was a time when you could have a discussion with other posters as adults but the way things are now it is just a muddy mess. some think they are never wrong and will not even try to see things in any other way but their way's. I get it, that is human nature but adults can disagree without turning into personal attacks, having to have the last word on every subject and so on.

    maybe I'm just in a raw mood today, don't know. I just know I've seen what a lot of other posters are unhappy about. My eyes have been opened, I guess I've seen it for a long time but just wasn't irritated enough to post about it.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Let me address the situation...

    I understand what you're saying starbuck, but let me say this--no one is breaking any rules. There are argumentative posters who are continually bored and will argue that the color I'm typing in is periwinkle when it's clearly black--that's just how it goes.

    A lot of what you're talking about annoys me too, but I think a lot of the "out-there" comments/opinions are only exacerbated by people indulging those comments/opinions by arguing right back.

    I also believe that a lot of these issues (esp. politically related) will be solved when we get the other boards back so we can kind of separate out certain posts from the regular boards.

    Which leads me to the latest PM from Steven--just a few minutes ago, he shot me a message stating that Adam is giving an estimated ETA on the new HostBoard Control Panel stuff (including getting the other boards back) of Thursday or Friday of this week, barring any more issues in testing instances. Hopefully we'll be able to get that aboard and pulled together fully by sometime next week. Once we get it in our hands--we'll have to put the posters into the user groups for each board to allow access as we see fit. Be on the lookout for a post that allows you to request access to some of the boards, and it will be up to Rock, myself, and the rest of the mods to say yay/nay on those requests--and to get everything set up.

    Just bear with us.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Let me address the situation...

    I've been trying to read and keep up but I've actually stepped back lately. Too much on the plate, but I'm trying to dig myself back in, or out, or whatever the proper phrase is. I had gotten to the point where I had nothing to say (I know, almost against the rules). Been kind of frustrated too, kind of powerless, nothing at all against Steven or Adam, they have lifes and trying to make a pinto capable of winning the daytona 500 is a challenge. We actually had a lot of special features built in before, and they taxed the resources, now trying to fix the options where they function and don't cause disfunction is a process.

    Anyhow, hopefully its behaving and will improve. I tried to mass mail the user base but had problems. Still have the list, I think, and either I, hostboard or someone will do a mass mail when things are more able to be 'regulated'. We've been hit or miss with a lot of posters, but honestly its good to have a lower number right now than a large number, because feeling like there is less control with 20 posters is a lot better than feeling out of control with 200.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Let me address the situation...

    Only thing I have seen that was kinda out of line was when Cane came back and started saying. Based on previous post's I'm gonna ban folks. I like Cane BTW as a mod. But there was a few posters that kept this place going. To come back and decide I'm the law when he left the forum and and only came back when he thought his mod powers would be back in effect. Folks may have argued and fought but they handled themselves well and kept it going. Not going out to put Cane down. I think he has done a great job moderating. That seemed overboard. But other than that I think Cane has done Well. Im not gonna knock him for being human. Just thought he came in to agressive. I dont always agree with him, but he is a good mod.
    GO VOLS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •